The West Virginia Lottery’s The Prize is Right™ Week #2 (February 5, 2021 to February 9, 2021) Virtual Contest by ProxyJanuary 28, 2021
- HOW TO ENTER: Find the West Virginia Lottery’s Week #2 February Valentine themed The Prize is Right™ Video on Facebook™ starting February 5, 2021 and share your favorite Valentine’s Day tradition in the comments.
- ENTRIES: Players enter and agree to the rules by submitting their favorite Valentine’s Day tradition posted in the Week #2 February The Prize is Right™ post on the West Virginia Lottery’s Facebook™ page (www.facebook.com/wvlottery). Facebook™ entries must include a Valentine tradition to qualify. Only one entry per player will be accepted. Winners of the previous The Prize is Right™ game shows listed below are not eligible for this contest.
|The Prize is Right||Date|
|The West Virginia State Fair Memories||August 22, 2020|
|September Football||September 15th, 2020|
|October Halloween||October 17th, 2020|
|November Thanksgiving||November 19th, 2020|
|December Holiday||December 17th, 2020|
|January New Year||January 21st, 2021|
- PRIZES: Five (5) winners and five (5) alternates will be selected from all entries received. An individual can only be selected one time. The winner will compete via proxy in our virtual The Prize is Right™ contest live on Facebook™ Thursday, February 18, 2021 at 7:00 PM ET.
- All qualifying responses will be considered entries and constitute the individual’s acceptance of the rules. The West Virginia Lottery reserves the right to disqualify any entry deemed offensive or inappropriate, or adjust the rules for any unforeseen circumstances that may occur. Notification of disqualification shall not be provided to the player. No cash equivalent shall be awarded in place of the prizes.
- ENTRY DEADLINES & DRAW DATES: The deadline to enter is Tuesday, February 9, 2021 at 12:00 PM ET. All Valentine Recipes will be entered into a computer software drawing system and a random selection will take place on Tuesday, February 9, 2021 to pick the five winners. Winners will be announced via Facebook Live Thursday, February 11, 2021 during the West Virginia Lottery Talk.
- PRIZE FULFILLMENT: The five (5) winners will be contacted via private messaging on their Facebook™ account that was used to enter the contest. Winners have until 9:00 AM the following day to respond or the next alternate will be contacted and original winner will be voided. Contest winners may watch the live event on Facebook Thursday, January 21, 2021 at 7:00 PM ET to see what their proxy wins. Please remember that the Lottery will never contact you and ask for money to fulfill a prize. If you are unsure of any emails, direct messages, or phone calls, please call the West Virginia Lottery at 800-WVA-CASH for verification of any call you might suspect.
Players are responsible for providing an accurate shipping address once notified that they are a contestant. A confirmation message will be sent to reaffirm this is the proper address of the contestant, and this is the ONLY address that will be used when sending your prize(s)/winnings. In case of a mistake, players can notify the Lottery up to the Friday immediately following the Prize is Right show with the correct address.
Once winnings are shipped, the West Virginia Lottery is not responsible for the package going to an incorrect address and will not replace the package. The West Virginia Lottery is also not responsible for lost or stolen packages and will not replace them.
In case parcel is returned to us due to a incorrect provided address, it can be reshipped at the contestant’s expense. Reshipment is only available once/if your parcel is returned to the West Virginia Lottery.
- ELIGIBILITY: This contest is open to any and all persons who are 18 years of age or older and a resident of West Virginia. Employees of the West Virginia Lottery and members of their household of all such employees, and other restricted persons are not eligible to participate.
- GENERAL RELEASE: By entering the giveaway, each person releases the West Virginia Lottery and each of its employees or representatives from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with this giveaway or with the acceptance, possession, or use of any prize. The West Virginia Lottery is not responsible for any electronic or computer failure that impacts an individual’s attempt at entry.
- PRIVACY: The West Virginia Lottery is committed to maintaining your trust by protecting your personal information that is collected. The West Virginia Lottery will not share, sell or reproduce personal information to any third party organization. Any and all contact in relationship to this entry process will be in the form of prize notification directly from the West Virginia Lottery. Winner will be required to provide full name, date of birth, and a physical mailing address. P.O. boxes will not be accepted.
- SPONSOR/ADMINISTRATOR: The sponsor and administrator of the virtual event is The West Virginia Lottery, 900 Pennsylvania Ave., Charleston, WV, 25302.
This virtual event giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook™. You understand that you are providing your information to the West Virginia Lottery and not to Facebook™. The information that you provide will only be used in the event you are selected as a winner.
- No purchase necessary to enter or to win. By submitting an entry, entrant agrees to the rules set forth in this document, West Virginia Lottery Rules, and West Virginia State and Federal Law. Void where prohibited.
IN CONSIDERATION OF THE OPPORTUNITY TO PARTICIPATE IN THE ABOVE-REFERENCED PROMOTION OR EVENT, I AGREE AS FOLLOWS:
- I give and grant for an unlimited period of time to the West Virginia Lottery, its affiliated companies, vendors, successors and assigns, (collectively, West Virginia Lottery) [the right to film, videotape, photograph, record, exhibit, publish, post, edit, and otherwise use and reuse my first name, last name initial, voice, picture, portrait, image, appearance, and likeness], in whole or in part and in original or modified form and motion, alone or in conjunction with other photographs, artwork, text, film or videotape, in all media and types of advertising or commercial promotion and in any lawful manner in
West Virginia Lottery’s sole discretion, without geographic limit. I understand and agree that I will not receive any compensation as a result of any use of my name or likeness as described herein, and the West Virginia Lottery has no obligation to make use of any of the rights set forth herein.
- I agree that all photographs, other images and recordings of me used and taken by the West Virginia
Lottery are owned by it and may be used in conjunction with advertisements or commercial promotions; and I further agree that the West Virginia Lottery has the exclusive right to use such commercial promotions in whatever way it wishes, and the West Virginia Lottery may copyright material or make derivative work containing the same. If I should receive any recording, print, negative or other copy thereof, I will not authorize its used by anyone else, and I waive any right of privacy or publicity that I may otherwise have with regard to any commercial promotion by the West Virginia Lottery and any derivative work of any such commercial promotion. I agree that no advertisement or other material need be submitted to me for approval, and the West Virginia Lottery will be without liability to me for any distortion or illusionary effect resulting from the publication or used of my first name, last name initial, voice, picture, portrait or likeness.
- I forever release and discharge the West Virginia Lottery from any and all liability, claims, actions, and demands arising out of or in connection with the above-referenced promotional event and/or the use or reuse of my appearance, likeness, first name, last name initial, voice, including without limitation, any and all claims based on defamation, invasion of privacy or libel.