(July 24, 2018)
CHARLESTON, W.Va. (July 24, 2018) – Due to strong sales across the nation, tonight’s estimated Mega Millions™ jackpot has been increased to $522 million – the 5th largest jackpot in the game’s history and the 11th largest in U.S. Lottery history.
The jackpot winner or winners will have a choice of annuity payments over 29 years or to take the cash option of $303.4 million (before taxes).
The last Mega Millions jackpot hit was worth $142 million on May 4, 2018 and that lucky ticket was sold in Ohio. In the 22 drawings since, there have been 26 match 5 winning tickets worth at least $1 million, and 432 third-tier winning tickets worth $10,000 or more.
Mega Millions is played in 46 jurisdictions: 44 states; Washington, D.C., and U.S. Virgin Islands.
Tickets are $2; The Megaplier option is an additional $1. Prizes on all Megaplier tickets are multiplied, except for the jackpot.
Drawings are conducted at 11 p.m. Eastern Time on Tuesdays and Fridays in Atlanta, Georgia. West Virginia Lottery players have until 9:59 p.m. ET to purchase tickets on a draw night.
National Mega Millions Fast Facts
Tuesday, July 24, 2018 Drawing
Mega Millions Top-10 Jackpots
- $656 million 3/30/2012 Kansas, Illinois, Maryland
- $648 million 12/17/2013 California, Georgia
- $536 million 7/8/2016 Indiana
- $533 million 3/30/2018 New Jersey
- $522 million 7/24/18 ?
- $451 million 1/5/2018 Florida
U.S. Lottery Top-10 Jackpots
- $1.586 billion 1/13/2016 California, Florida, Tennessee (Powerball)
- $758.7 million 8/23/2017 Massachusetts (Powerball)
- $656 million 3/30/2012 Kansas, Illinois, Maryland (Mega Millions)
- $648 million 12/17/2013 California, Georgia (Mega Millions)
- $590.5 million 5/18/2013 Florida (Powerball)
- $587.5 million 11/28/2012 Arizona, Missouri (Powerball)
- $564.1 million 2/11/2015 N. Carolina, Puerto Rico, Texas (Powerball)
- $559.7 million 1/6/2018 New Hampshire (Powerball)
- $536.3 million 7/8/2016 Indiana (Mega Millions)
- $533 million 3/30/2018 New Jersey (Mega Millions)